CrossWalkCrosswalk Community Service Day
On March 17th, 60 volunteers worked over 200 hours
Example of projects to select from are:
- Graffiti Patrol - Paint over graffiti on walls, fences and dumpsters in Kent valley and east hill at the direction of Kent Police. We'll also pick up litter at every site. Limit 25 volunteers.
- Garrison Creek Park - Weed around tennis courts (SW side particularly) and parking lot. Bring work gloves, hoes, and hand weeding tools. Restrooms, play area and rain shelter in the park. No limit.
- St. Vincent De Paul Thrift Shop - Dust shelves, straighten sale items on display shelves. 310 Central Ave. N. Limit 8-10.
- Arbor Village Retirement Center - Interact with residents over BINGO and other games, plan and do a craft, wash wheelchairs and walkers, help clear and re-set dining room tables. Limit 10.
- Pick up trash along the Interurban Trail in Kent. Start at Smith St. Park & Ride (pick up trash there) and walk north. Trash grabbers and trash bags provided. No limit.
- Crosswalk Lunch - help shop, prepare, serve and clean up lunch for approximately 75 - 90 volunteers.
10:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Recent projects include community graffiti paint-out, housecleaning and yard care for elderly homeowners, Kent parks clean-up, sorting food at NW Harvest, sorting donations at St. Vincent DePaul Thrift store, and trash pick-up. Sign up for the project of your choice the two Sundays prior to the event at the Welcome Center or call the church office mid-week. Joins us for lunch back at the church noon - 1:00 p.m. to share about projects accomplished. Include your elementary and teen children, neighbors and friends to join you in blessing our community.